2014 Family Caregiver Coordinator Trainings
Each agency that receives AFCSP and/or NFCSP funding is expected to send at least one NFCSP and one AFCSP representative from every county (counties where the same staff person coordinates both programs are only required to send one person).
The registration fee is $30 and checks should be made payable to GWAAR and mailed to 1414 MacArthur Road, Suite A; Madison, WI 53714.
Register here. (The registration deadline for all three trainings is Wednesday, June 4.)
Baraboo - Tuesday, June 10, Sauk Co. West Square Bldg., 505 Broadway (next to the courthouse)
Rice Lake - Thursday, June 19, Rice Lake City Hall, 30 E. Eau Claire St.
Antigo - Thursday, July 10, Swartzendruber Restaurant, 1315 Forest Ave.
Refresh Before the Trainings
Please refresh your knowledge of AFCSP and NFCSP policies by viewing the following links before attending a training.
- AFCSP (Click on the Full Screen button and use the arrows to view it. It will be beneficial to have your worksheets, instructions, and AFCSP policy with you when you watch this.)
Morning Dementia Topics Presenters
June 10 - Baraboo
Sue Torum and Kathy Kehoe, ADRC of Jefferson County
Deanna Truedson, Middleton Dementia-Friendly Communities Initiative
June 19 - Rice Lake
Misty Mogenson, Dementia Care Specialist, ADRC of the North
Lisa Wells, Dementia Care Specialist, Eau Claire Dementia-Friendly Communities Initiative
July 10 - Antigo
Tammy Singer, Dementia Care Specialist, Portage County
Kim Jacquart, Dementia Care Specialist, ADRC of the Lakeshore
9:00 a.m. Welcome
9:15 a.m. Overview of the Wisconsin Dementia System Redesign Project
9:30 a.m. Coordinating With Dementia Care Specialists
10:45 a.m. Dementia-Friendly Community Initiatives
12:00 p.m. Lunch
1:00 p.m. Connecting With Caregivers: Marketing and Outreach
(bring copies of your best marketing materials to share)
2:00 p.m. NFCSP/AFCSP Policies Made Fun!
3:00 p.m. Wrap Up and Adjourn
WASC Meetings/Trainings (WI Association of Senior Centers)
Spring 2014 WAND/WASC Training
March 27, 2014 | Holiday Inn and Convention Center, Stevens Point
Elderly Nutrition Program Revitalization
Sara Koenig, Elder Nutrition Program Manager, Bureau of Aging and Disability Resources
Deer!! The Surprises Around the Corner for Aging Baby Boomers
Keynote Address by Dr. Sue Myllykangas
Aging in Place: The Role of Transportation
Lunch Presentation by Carrie Porter, GWAAR
Food Across the Decades: What’s Age Have to Do With It?
Presentation by Dr. Sue
Nutrition Director Orientation: March 13, 2014
Orientation Webinar Recording
All are welcome to view/use these materials either as a refresher or as training for new staff and volunteers, board and Commission on Aging members, and/or Nutrition Advisory Council members.
Guardianship Support Center Resources
Disability Rights Wisconsin
Wisconsin Bar Association
Wisconsin Board on Aging and Long-Term Care
Wisconsin Board for People with Developmental Disabilities (WBPDD)
Wisconsin Circuit Court Forms
Wisconsin Department of Health Services
Aging and Disability Resource Centers Customer Page
Adult Protective Services
Division of Quality Assurance
Aging and Disability Resource Centers
Wisconsin Legislative Documents
Wisconsin State Law Library
Wisconsin Guardianship Association
SAMS 3.0 Information and Instructional Materials
More information coming soon.
2014 Wisconsin Aging Network Conference
Register now for the 2014 WI Aging Network Conference! The deadline for conference registration is Friday, August 29. For those paying by check, use this fillable, printable form and mail to UW-La Crosse to the address indicated on the form.
Full Conference: $150
Thursday Only: $85
Friday Only: $85
Conference Cancellation Policy
Substitutions are allowed. Full refunds less a $30 processing fee will be given if requested by the end of the day on August 28. No refunds will be made thereafter. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
Save the date for our 2014 Wisconsin Aging Network Conference to be held September 10-12, 2014, at the Kalahari Resort & Convention Center in Wisconsin Dells. The theme will be Think Big! and conference focus areas will be healthy aging: mind, body, spirit; advocacy; diversity and inclusion in aging; leadership development; and turning challenges into opportunities.
Thanks to all who submitted nominations for the 2014 ElderAce Awards. The 2014 award winners will be announced at the Wisconsin Aging Network Conference September 12. We will also announce the winners here after the awards are presented so check back in September.
There's still space left to exhibit at the 2014 Wisconsin Aging Network Conference. Send in a form today! The exhibit hall will be open Thursday only and is $395 for a booth which includes one complimentary conference registration and inclusion in our Virtual Exhibit Hall (to open here prior to the conference).
- AAA Wisconsin
- AGIS Network, Inc.
- Agrace Hospice & Palliative Care
- Alzheimer's Association Wisconsin Chapter Network
- Board on Aging and Long-Term Care
- CapTel Captioned Telephone
- Consumer Direct Wisconsin
- GT Independence
- Hoglund Bus Co., Inc.
- Home Health United
- HWPP: 100 Healthy, At-Risk Families
- IRIS - TMG-IRIS Consultant Agency
- J & B Medical Supply
- LE Phillips CDC - Corporate Guardianship Program
- Liturgical Publications Inc.
- MetaStar, WI Quality Improvement Organization
- USDA Rural Development
- WI Family Care Association
- WI Guardianship Support Center
- WI Institute for Healthy Aging
- WI Long-Term Care Workforce Alliance
- WI Pooled and Community Trusts
- WI Talking Book and Braille Library
- WI Women's Network
Kalahari Resort & Convention Center
1305 Kalahari Drive, Wisconsin Dells, WI 53965
The group rate is $70 for single, $99 for double, and $129 for triple/quad. When calling to make your reservations, please indicate that you want the room rates for the “2014 GWAAR Aging Network Conference.” or booking ID 27561. To take advantage of the special room rate, all reservations must be made by Monday, August 11, 2014.
A sleeping room block does not guarantee sleeping rooms will be next to each other. The deposit policy for individual reservations is one night (plus tax) at the time the reservation is made. Cancellation policy for individual reservations: 72 hours or more prior to arrival, to receive full refund less $25.00 processing fee. Less than 72 hours prior to scheduled arrival forfeits entire deposit.
For tax-exempt reservations, an S-211 form is required.
LaRhae Knatterud, Director of Aging Transformation with the Minnesota Department of Human Services, will break down big-picture thinking into practical steps you can take and apply to the problems we all confront in our work as aging service providers. She will share examples of successful—and not so successful—big-picture thinking and will leave you with valuable tools to help you innovate and think big about aging!
LaRhae's keynote address is made possible with the generous support of the Helen Bader Foundation.
Larry Polivka, Ph.D.
Dr. Larry Polivka, Executive Director of The Claude Pepper Center and Scholar-in-Residence with The Claude Pepper Foundation, Inc., will discuss the relationship between aging programs and health and long-term care systems and how aging programs should position themselves for the future.
Dr. Polivka’s keynote address is made possible with the generous support of the Milwaukee County Department on Aging.
We invite you to join us as a sponsor to be part of this dynamic gathering of professionals. Platinum, gold, and bronze sponsorships are available. Send in a form today!
WI Department of Health Services
Bureau of Aging & Disability Resources
Conference Planner: Anne Rodgers-Rhyme
Conference Advisory Committee Members:
- Betsy Abramson, WI Institute for Healthy Aging (WIHA)
- Jonette Arms, Milwaukee County Department on Aging
- Cheryl Batterman, Area Agency on Aging of Dane County
- Sarah Cowen, GWAAR - Operations Coordinator
- Marcia Hendrickson, WI Association of Senior Centers (WASC) / South Madison Coalition of the Elderly
- Wendell Holt, Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC)
- Julie Juranek, WI Association of Benefit Specialists (WABS) / Walworth County Department of Health and Human Services
- Bob Kellerman, GWAAR - Executive Director
- Sara Koenig, WI Department of Health Services, Division of Long-Term Care, Bureau of Aging and Disability Resources - Office on Aging
- Kris Krasnowski, GWAAR - Communications Coordinator
- Mike Lew, GWAAR Board Member
- Neal Minogue, WI Department of Health Services, Division of Long-Term Care, Office for Resource Center Development (ORCD)
- Deb Mould, GWAAR - Fiscal Manager
- Alice Page, WI Department of Health Services, Division of Long-Term Care, Bureau of Aging and Disability Resources - Office on Aging
- Michelle Pike, Aging and Disability Professionals Association of Wisconsin (ADPAW) / ADRC of Ozaukee County
- Anne Prince, WI Association of Nutrition Directors (WAND) / Walworth County Department of Health and Human Services
- Sarah Quale, Great Lakes Inter-Tribal Council (GLITC)
- John Schnabl, GWAAR - Older Americans Act and Special Projects Manager
- Va Thao, GWAAR Advisory Council / La Crosse County Aging Office