Position Title: Older Americans Act Consultant – Food Service Operations Specialist
Reports to: Older Americans Act Programs and Special Projects Manager
Position Status: This is a full-time, exempt position working standard business hours Monday through Friday with some nights, weekends, and overnights required.
Position Summary: This position will be part of the Nutrition Team that provides ongoing training and technical assistance to county aging units/ADRCs in our 70-county service area in regard to the Elderly Nutrition Program. Responsibilities will especially relate to the ordering, receiving, storing, handling, preparation, and serving of food in addition to business management procedures to ensure efficient and cost-effective food service operations.
Essential Job Functions:
- Maintain understanding of current programs, policies, and procedures related to the Elderly Nutrition Program (ENP).
- Serve as a resource for developing cost-effective procedures for procurement of food, equipment and supplies, food service production and distribution methods and services, and food service management contracts.
- Collaborate with other federal, state, university, and local entities to assure availability of appropriate nutrition services for older adults.
- Offer technical assistance related to budget and contract management for local food service operations.
- Skill development and knowledge enhancement of food service principles and operations through appropriate training, coaching, and mentoring to ensure strong operational performance.
- Develop, implement, and enforce uniform quality standards for the presentation and safe service of meals designed to meet and optimize the nutritional needs of older adults living in the community.
- Provide technical assistance with menu development, analysis, marketing, standardized recipes, and survey development to assess customer preferences. Be aware of industry trends, modernization efforts, and current research that will help ensure increased participation in the ENP.
- Promote excellence in customer service both for internal and external customers.
- Assist aging units and individuals to manage change in response to changing needs of customers and other stakeholders.
- Three or more years of restaurant or hospitality management experience, including direct involvement with contract and financial management.
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Possess a passion for food and maintain a strong commitment to customer service in order to enhance the overall dining experience.
- Ability to lead and train groups and provide one-on-one assistance as needed.
- Must be able to work effectively with limited management direction and have good writing and verbal communication skills.
- Must also be well-organized and demonstrate initiative.
- Must be able to travel within our 70-county service region.
- ServSafe and WI Certified Food Manager certification required within three months of hire.
How to Apply:
Send a cover letter and résumé to the following or apply online:
John Schnabl, OAA Programs & Special Projects Manager
Greater Wisconsin Agency on Aging Resources
125 N. Executive Drive, Suite 207
Brookfield, WI 53005
GWAAR is an equal opportunity employer.